Thursday 30th November 2017
Check in time
About the walk
This year JDRF is partnering with an international sporting personality, Sir Ian Botham, who has a child with T1D and is visiting Australia for the Ashes series.
This gives JDRF an opportunity to raise additional awareness for T1D including our firstever advertisement for the One Walk to be played on Channel Nine during July and October.
To take up this opportunity we have refreshed the Adelaide event with a new date and time and look forward to Sir Ian Botham opening the event and meeting our supporters.
Throughout the day the following activities will be run:
- Children’s activities such as colouring in and face painting
- JDRF research information shared in the JDRF Marquee
- Trade stands with information from medical device companies and diabetes related information
- T-shirt competition and other games
- Music throughout the afternoon and evening
- Snap chat filter and social media check in points
About the location
- Walk starts at Bonython Park
- Parking: Yes
- Dogs permitted: Yes
- Pram or wheelchair friendly: Yes
- Food available: Sausage sizzle, icecream, coffee
- Allowed to bring own marquee: No
Closest public transport is the free tram from the city or alternatively Park and Ride on the free tram from the Entertainment Centre for a maximum cost per car of $16.00 (from 3.30pm) and not Westlakes Train Station.
Name: Tamara Aitchison
Phone: 0402 810 069