Terms and conditions
Waiver and Conditions of Entry
Thank you for being part of our event. This statement outlines JDRF’s responsibilities to you with regards to our event and our website, as well as obligations that will help to ensure your safety, including a disclaimer. Please read this document in full and contact JDRF on 02 9020 6100 with any questions. Thank you for your support.
- Part A – Your Personal Details
- Part B – Our Website
- Part C – Our Event
- Part D – Mandatory Risk Warning and Consent to participate
Part A – Your Personal Details
Privacy Collection Statement
Part B – Our Website
By accessing, browsing or using the JDRF One Walk website, which sits on an Everyday Hero platform (the Website), or completing the registration process to become a participant in our event, you acknowledge that you have read this notice and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set out below, as amended from time to time:
- Information on this Website
Online registration for our event will result in the registered participant’s name and a personal web page being made publicly available online. Contact details will not be made publicly available.
Unless marked as anonymous, all online donations towards registered participants will result in the donor’s name being published on the webpage of the participant they have sponsored.
JDRF reserves the right to remove any objectionable or inappropriate information posted to the personal websites of registered participants. This includes text and images.
JDRF believed the information on this Website to be accurate and current as at the date the information was placed on this Website.
Any party engaged in illegal activities involving the use of the Website will be subject to civil and criminal sanctions and prosecution.
- Amendments to these Terms and Conditions
JDRF may amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any amendment will become effective immediately. Your continued use of the Website after amendment constitutes an agreement to abide by and be bound by those Terms and Conditions, as amended.
Products and Services
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or limits the application of any provision of any statute where to do so would contravene that statute or cause any part of these Terms and Conditions to be void.
Subject to the preceding paragraph:
- JDRF does not warrant that any products or services advertised on the Website will be available; and
- JDRF excludes all implied conditions and warranties except any implied condition or warranty the exclusion of which would contravene any statute or cause any part of these Terms and Conditions to be void.
It is a violation of the law to place orders under a false name or with a fraudulently obtained credit card. Fraudulent ordering will be prosecuted to the fullest extent the law allows.
Part C – Our Event: the JDRF One Walk
Conditions of entry
Each participant must walk the approved course as directed by event officials.
The JDRF One Walk may be cancelled due to bad weather.
Part D – Mandatory Risk Warning and Consent to Participate
JRDF provides the following risk warning pursuant to its obligations under the Civil Liability Act, 2002:
RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES ARE DANGEROUS AND INVOLVE A SIGNIFICANT RISK OF PHYSICAL HARM OR PERSONAL INJURY INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY AND/OR DEATH TO PARTICIPANTS. ANY SUCH INJURY MAY RESULT NOT ONLY FROM YOUR ACTIONS BUT FROM THE ACTION, OMISSION OR NEGLIGENCE OF OTHERS.
I acknowledge that I will assume all risks in connection with My/My Child’s participation in the JDRF One Walk and acknowledge that JDRF is not liable in respect of these risks materialising, or for the breach of any express or implied warranty that services it provides will be provided with reasonable care and skill.
By registering as part of the JDRF One Walk,
- I grant permission for My Child who is under 16 years old, to participate in online fundraising through the Everyday Hero website, and agree that I will provide supervision of My Child in compliance with the following rules:
- Children under the age of 16 using Everyday Hero’s fundraising services must do so under the supervision of an adult;
- Children under the age of 12 using Everyday Hero’s fundraising services must do so under the direct supervision of an adult;
- Children under the age of 6 using Everyday Hero’s fundraising services must do so under the direct supervision of a parent or guardian, and
- I grant full permission for the organiser to use photographs taken of Me/My Child and quotations noted from Me/My Child in legitimate accounts and promotions of this event.
- I agree to surrender all monies collected for the JDRF One Walk by Me/My Child to JDRF by 31st January 2018.
In consideration for, and as a condition of my/my child’s participation in the JDRF One Walk:
- I warrant that I/My Child am/is medically fit to participate in the JDRF One Walk;
- I agree that I/My Child will abide by the rules and conditions of the JDRF One Walk including verbal or written instructions; and
- I, on behalf of myself and on behalf of My Child, waive, release and discharge all and any claim, right or cause of action however arising JDRF and their employees, officers, and related bodies (collectively, “Released Persons”) including from any negligent act or omission of any person, whether or not presently ascertained, immediate, future or contingent, which I or My Child may otherwise have for or arising out of loss of My/My Child’s life or injury, damage or loss of any description whatsoever and howsoever caused which I/My Child may suffer or sustain in the course of or consequent upon My/My Child’s participation in the JDRF One Walk. This waiver, release and discharge shall so operate whether or not the loss, injury or damage is due or attributable to an act, neglect or omission (including from any negligent act or omission of any person) of any one or more of the Released Persons and may be pleaded as a complete bar to any claim against any or each of the Released Persons.