Create your team
Grab your family, friends and colleagues and create a team to walk together in the JDRF One Walk. Your team can be made up of just a few family members, a group of friends or your entire workplace…it’s up to you! Last year, our largest team was more than 100 strong, while our smallest was just two.
Are you walking for a child with type 1 diabetes? Then create a team in their name, make them the honorary team captain and recruit everyone to walk with them on the day…they’ll love it!
It’s FREE to create a team and you’ll get your very own team fundraising page to recruit your friends, share the reason you’re taking part and ask your friends for their support.
Are you ready to lead your Walk team? Awesome! Your local JDRF office will be on hand to help you recruit your friends and raise funds to make your personal impact to cure type 1 diabetes.
We have a range of resources and downloads available to help you and we’ll be sharing lots of great tips and advice to make your life easier and ensure everyone has a great day out.
To get in touch with your local JDRF staff member, simply contact us.
Top reward for the top team
There’s a special incentive to reward our teams for their fundraising efforts.
As the top team, you will be given special VIP access up front to officially start your local walk and be the first to step out on the day.
Raising funds as a team
Teams raise more because everyone gets involved to make it a real ‘team’ effort! Set yourself a team fundraising goal, motivate your team members to achieve it and update everyone on your progress along the way.
If you have 20 team members and everyone commits to raise just $250, that’s $5,000 raised already!
Here are some great ways to recruit more team members or raise funds:
- Use our posters and place them at your workplace or around your local community
- Send an email to your family and friends to ask them to join your team or donate (include your team fundraising page in the email)
- Ask people in person and share your reason for taking part in the Walk
- Post regular updates on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to tell everyone about your team and invite them to join you or donate. Don’t forget to use #typenone #JDRFOneWalk when posting on social media!
Make it personal
When you create a team, you’ll get your very own fundraising page which you can personalise to tell the story of why your team is taking part.
Here are the best ways to use your team fundraising page:
- Upload a team pic or logo to personalise your page
- Add a personal message and tell your story of why you are walking
- Post regular updates to celebrate your teams achievements, welcome new team members, thank supporters or share updates from the child you’re walking to support
Look the part
Creating a team t-shirt is a great way to bring your team together and make a visual impact on the day of the Walk. To help you create your shirt, please visit the Resources and Downloads page where you can download the JDRF and JDRF One Walk logos to include in your t-shirt design.