Imagine if every week your child had to:
- have about 50 finger pricks to draw blood and check their blood sugar;
- be woken through the night, almost every night to prick their finger, give them sugar or insulin;
- have 3 or 4 cannulas (small needles) removed with a new one inserted into their butt cheek, tummy or leg (it hurts);
- stop what they are doing each day at play or school to be given insulin so they can eat (every time they eat, both before and afterwards); and
- have another needle to insert a blood glucose monitoring system.
Then imagine the heartbreak as you hear your child saying, "mummy, I don't want diabetes any more".
Knowing that a serious blood sugar low (hypo) or high (hyper) can kill them.
This disease can be heartbreaking. It's time for a cure. Please help us find one.
My Completed Missions in the JDRF Blue Army
Thank you to my Sponsors
All the best! Fight the good fight :-)
Laura Scott Scott
With love from the Oma’s!
From the Barron's x x
The Guest Family
Here's to a cure! We love and support your journey of learning and inspiring others.
K And B
I can only imagine what it’s like on a 24hr basis. It’s hard enough day-to-day & I only hope you both get a break while I have your beautiful boy xxx
Ralph Keren & Children
Keep walking Ali
Caroline And Rob Dalglish
Go girl xx
Good luck Ali. You're an amazing woman!
Heart breaking what you guys have to go through day in and day out. There are some truly amazing people working in medical research and they don’t get enough recognition for what they do. Instead of putting football hero’s up on a pedestal these people should be. I wish you guys much strength in getting through this everyday.
All the best, you are amazing xx
Wish it could be more
Impressed by the technology you already have to monitor type 1 - hopefully we can help 1 & 2
Good luck with the walk.
Russell also wanted to donate xx
What a beautiful mum and what an beautiful little boy! You will change the world, I know it xxx
Looking forward to the cure being found!
Hope this helps you reach your goal x
All the best Ali. Your doing a great thing!
The De Soysa-dale’s
Well done Ali! Here’s to a cure x
You are truly an inspirational women
So brave and courageous, all of you.